Canada Mobile Payments Technology
Backed by comprehensive technology allows consumers to use their mobile devices a.k.a. smart phones to respond & interact with advertising on television, movies radio and retail environments.
- ultrasonic sound wave technology is the highlight of the powered apps.
Mobile Payments Readiness Index (MPRI)
The MasterCard Mobile Payments Readiness Index (MPRI), a data-driven survey of the global mobile payments landscape. Using public and proprietary data, as well as original market research, the survey gauges the preparedness and receptivity of 34 countries for mobile payments of three varieties – person to person (P2P), mobile e-commerce (m-commerce), and mobile payments at the point of sale (POS).
The MPRI runs on a scale of zero to 100, with 100 representing complete replacement of plastic cards by mobile devices. In MasterCard’s judgment, the point of inflection—the stage at which mobile devices account for an appreciable share of the payments mix—is a Mobile Readiness score of 60. The 34 countries in the current Index achieved an average score of 33.2. No market reached 50, indicating there is work to be done before mobile payments become mainstream. Canada is second on the scale at 42.0, behind only Singapore with an index of 45.6.
Canada Mobile Payments is a leading mobile payments processing company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The company is a leading provider of credit/debit card processing, mobile payments for Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Winnipeg, Mississauga, Markham, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Ajax, Pickering, Brampton, Burlington, Oakville, Guelph, Waterloo, London, Kitchener, Niagara Falls businesses.
Digital Mobile Wallet Platform
- A mobile wallet replicates the physical leather wallet
- A customer can add source of funds like: Bank Accounts; Cards: Credit, Debit, Prepaid; Cash: Stored Value Account
- It supports both proximity and remote payments
- The service provider can offer an integrated basic loyalty program for the mobile wallet
- Allows promotions, coupons to be configured
- Can be integrated to data warehouse for BI
“Platform as a Service” (PaaS), a secure digital wallet application suite, providing a dynamic and secure user experience with unsurpassed functionality.
Canada Mobile Payments Pay Faster & Smarter™
Canada Mobile Payments – Pay Faster & Smarter™
Digital Mobile Wallet is the leading edge of integrated ecommerce with mobile technology = mcommerce.
- Enhanced customer experience with multi-transaction capability, using a personal mobile device
- Canada Mobile Payments transaction data is NEVER stored on the device
- “Tokenized” identity management with all transactions transmitted under 256-bit encryption
- The Canada Mobile Payments Platform allows 3rd party applications to integrate seamlessly enhancing user experience
What is Tokenization?
Tokenization is described as a mechanism in which a 16-digit card number, found on the front of a plastic payment card (the plastic card “PAN”), is replaced by an alternative number (a “token” PAN) for use within a particular consumer device (for example, a mobile device) to support proximity and remote (m/eCommerce) mobile payments.
The plastic card PAN and token PAN are linked by a token mapping service which can relate one to the other. When a token PAN is used to make a payment from an enrolled consumer device, the token mapping service can lookup and recover the plastic card PAN to request payment authorisation from the card issuing institution.
What is PCI (Payment Card Industry) Compliance?
All companies that transmit, process or store credit card data are encouraged to conform to the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS). This has been formed by the worldwide payment security standards defined by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
The industry standard PCI DSS includes 12 key requirements for organizations that accept or process card payments:
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect data
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for passwords or other security parameters
- Protect stored data
- Encrypt the transmission of cardholder data and sensitive information
- Use and regularly update anti-virus software
- Develop and maintain securer systems and applications
- Restrict access to data by business need-to-know
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Regularly test security systems and processes
Mobile Security Systems & Network
Canada Mobile Payments systems are located in physically secure and monitored environments, leveraging best-practice security techniques, ensuring that sensitive financial and cardholder data is never compromised:
- Fully certified PCI DSS v2.0 compliant Level 1 service provider
- Managed intrusion detection and prevention on all network levels
- Managed update services for OS, software & anti-virus/malware
- Granular systems & network monitoring
- Advanced network security monitoring
- Regular live-penetration testing