What is BLE?
Bluetooth low energy (Bluetooth LE, BLE, marketed as Bluetooth Smart is a wireless personal area network technology designed and marketed by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group aimed at novel applications in the healthcare, fitness, beacons, security, and home entertainment industries.
Compared to Classic Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart is intended to provide considerably reduced power consumption and cost while maintaining a similar communication range.
Samsung BLE Proximity
Samsung unveiled Proximity in late 2014, a location-based marketing platform that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons and works in a similar way to Apple’s iBeacon system. Canada Mobile Payments can enhance the mobile device user’s experience.
- Stores- Deliver in-store offers and e-catalogues to target shoppers.
- Restaurants- Attract new customers with coupons while offering returning customers express pre-order and pick-up services.
- Shopping malls- Guide visitors with floor plans, events, and the hottest sales for a boost in traffic and revenue.
- Airports- Send flight information, showcase duty-free promotions and special vacation deals.
- Stadiums- Send welcome messages, seat maps, and coupons for snacks and sporting goods.
- Museums- Provide mobile tours for exhibitions as well as museum shop promotions.